Sunday, September 27, 2009

Malia's First Day of Pre-K

Malia's first day of preschool for this year was September 10th, 2009. She is going to the same Mother's Day Out program she went to last year. She only goes two days a week.
Here she is before we head inside the church.


And here she is outside her classroom. Well, technically, this is not her classroom. After Buzzy snapped the pic, I told him her class is actually next door.


And this is Malia at her spot at the table.










Here's her best bud, Aidan. Well, if you ask Malia, she'd tell you it's her future husband, even though he's already said no. Yep...she's already proposed! Aidan's mom and my friend, Stephanie, was taking them to school one day. And this is the conversation she heard from the back:
Malia: Aidan, will you marry me?
Aidan: Uh, I don't think so.
Malia: Oh. Okay. Well, I guess I won't get married then since you won't and I can't marry Brayden.

She told me about it, too:
Malia: Mommy, Aidan said he wouldn't marry me.
Mommy: Did you ask him?
Malia: Yes, and he said no.
Mommy: Well you know Aidan just probably doesn't really think about stuff like that yet.
Malia: So I guess I just won't get married then since I can't marry Brayden either.
Mommy: You don't have to decide now who you're going to marry. You know Mommy didn't meet Daddy until I was 21 years old? You have a long time before you have to make those kinds of decisions.
Malia: Oh.
Malia always talks about where her and Aidan are going to live, their dog, their kids, etc. She has still brought it up a few times even though he said no. Such the little planner. Wonder where she gets that from?

So I didn't cry when I dropped her off at school this year, but was a little weepy and lonely througout the day. It really struck me hard that day that next year she would be in school all day every day just like her big brother! Where does the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment