Thursday, March 25, 2010

Record Snowfall February 11th, 2010

So we had about a foot of snow at our house. I cannot believe how many times it has snowed in our area this year. It has been so exciting. One thing we've found out, we are not prepared for snow! The kids don't really have snow gear. Their mittens would be soaked through and they'd have snow in their rain boots in about two minutes. They would end up cold, miserable, and crying by the time they came in. I'm sure that if I were to seek out proper snow gear for next season, we wouldn't get any measurable snow!
So February 11th did provide many firsts:
1st time we've seen over a foot of snow
1st time I shoveled a driveway
1st time Buzzy shoveled a driveway
1st time my dad had snow on his birthday (which I joked with him since it was his 60th bday the snow was to commemorate his white hair)






Instead of a snowman...this is the snow R2-D2 that Buzzy and Brayden made.



After the night of more snow, R2 is not quite as recognizable!








No comments:

Post a Comment