About a week before Christmas we went out on separate dates, Buzzy took out Malia and I took out Brayden. During this date we decided we'd let the kids pick out a small gift for each other. We promptly learned that they still cannot keep secrets. But here they are after they'd opened each others' gift.
Don't I look so surprised? Speaking of not being able to keep a secret, Brayden was with Buzzy when he purchased this apple corer/slicer for me, and then he told me about it on our date.
After spending Christmas morning at our home and waiting for the ice to melt on the roads, we headed over to my parents' to celebrate with them and my brother and his family. Here are my precious twin nieces.
Grandaddy reading the Christmas story from the Gospel according to Luke.
Before going to my parents' home that day, we did get to play in the snow some more. The kids are next to one of our big snow drifts here.
Buzzy was attempting to make a snowman and his hands were getting cold. He had the brilliant idea to use the lid from the kids' toy tub. Well, actually, I guess the idea wasn't one of his best because the lid immediately cracked. The snow was so powdery, our attempts at a snowman were unsuccessful. And since neither Buzzy nor myself really care for cold temps, we were not going to stick around outside until we got it figured out. I was really built more for the ski lodge than for the ski slopes. I do think snow is beautiful and peaceful to watch, as long as I'm inside and cozy and warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment