Today marks the beginning of a Ketchum family Christmas tradition. Each year we have "12 Days of Books". December can be such a busy and hectic time. The reason we started this was to have a dedicated family time each night to slow down, sit by the tree, and read together. I purchase cheap books from library sales, book fairs, etc. and wrap them individually. Some of the books might be Christmas-themed, but I like to go for a variety here. My goal is not to spend more than a dollar on each book. However this year I did exceed that limit on the Pinkalicious book for Malia and a Transformer book for Brayden. Most of the books are usually books that both of the children will enjoy, but when I do have a book that is specific to a certain child (like Transformers for Brayden) I keep track of which book that is so I make sure Brayden opens that one. The kids will take turns getting to open a book each night. Some years I have exactly 12 books while other years I have a few extra. When I do have more than 12, the kids are so excited because that means on some days they will each get to open their own book. We normally do this December 12-23rd.
why we want to start an urban homestead
7 years ago
I think that is an amazing idea, and I hope you don't mind if we steal it for next year!
ReplyDelete